August is here… My dog’s birthday is just tomorrow, August 15th! For the past 7 years, we cook her something yummy and surprise her with a toy! This year will be no different… Except I will be making her a toy, in the shape of a dog bone! The shape of the dog bone I’ve used is here. What I use is a suede-like material from my laptop sleeve. I really love the sleeve and its soft material, so I thought of re-using it in another way (which is to make it into a toy)!
– Clip art of a dog bone
– Needle and thread (or sewing machine)
– Fibre for stuffing
– Resize the dog bone to however big or small you want using programmes such as Adobe Illustrator or Adobe Photoshop. Alternatively, you can also use Microsoft Powerpoint Or Microsoft Words
– Print it out
– Place shape on top of 2 separate pieces of felt you are using
– Cut shapes out from felt
– Sew the sides of the felt (using blanket stitch)
– Leave a small opening
– Fill stuffing into opening
– Sew the small opening shut
A simple DIY craft like this makes me happy! The end product? Creating something new for your fur kid using things that you love!