This is a really cheap method of acquiring stamp designs that you need but couldn’t find in the market.
It’s a fun craft that I really like and I can spend the whole afternoon carving my stamp away!
Here’s how I create my stamp…
– carving tool
– create your drawing on a piece of paper (remember to reverse your design so it will stamp out the correct side)
– outline your drawing using pencil
– flip the picture over and place it on your eraser
– shade all areas using pencil, the picture underneath will ink up on the eraser
– start carving
A slow process but a satisfying end result!
– I drew my design in Adobe Illustrator and printed it out
– you can, however, grab any design you like from the web
– you can choose to trace your design onto the eraser using tracing paper
– you can also work on an eraser with design on it, shown here